13 May 2008

That My Family Should Partake.


I painted this picture for a coworker. It was a year and one day late... Honest? I didn't find it all that exciting and kept putting it off. I wanted it to be different. I tried doing a picture of the Tree of Life during High School. I did not like the results and have been critical of all paintings I've seen of the subject since then. I had to do something different if I was going to enjoy this. Working at unusual hours can do nice things to the imagination. I got carried away and by daylight I was rather worried about how my commissioner would react to it. It was a creation I enjoyed but I forgot this project wasn't for my own satisfaction. Or was it? He didn't quite know what to say, which worried me at first, but I was granted a hug. He actually did like it and that made me happy. I won't mention the flaws ;). He called it, "That My Family Should Partake."

No comments: