19 August 2008

Hope Floats.

Hope Denzer. Hope Ester. When you were born, mom and dad tallied our votes. What would you be today with a name like Ester? All I know is that Hope is the best name we could have picked for you. You came just before we moved from Olathe, Colorado to Missouri (ok, ok, for the first couple of months we were in Bugscuffle, Arkansas). Just a wee mite, you were! Mom and dad were crazy, but you know, you traveled in a van loaded with fascinating individuals. I think you must have had your moments during that ride, but I don't remember anything extreme. Did you know that mom drove the van...with 10 children (including yourself)! Not only that, but she had a trailer hitched to the back of it. And do you know what was in that trailer? Well, a couple dozen goats. I keep mentioning mom. Dad drove the big white truck. He was usually just ahead of us I think. I couldn't be sure if this was always the case, however, I do remember once when mom had to pass him while going up a long hill. How funny that must have looked. I can't believe you are now fifteen! It has been so long...and so much has happened since we were on the road so long ago. I remember quite a bit, but what I like to think about most is how much you make me smile. Thanks for all the double takes and the big eyes...especially for showing me what humor is all about. I love you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go mom, I heard I gave a hard time on that trip.Well our family is amazing. Even if we can beat dad up a hill with a van of kids and a trailor. How funny!

ledenzer said...

Just a comment....Esther......and Hope will still be 15 until Dec. so please don't give her too many feelings of grandeur. I am not trying to point out mistakes really....but I know accuracy is important in FH. I love you and love your site....it gives me a lot of joy.

Love, Mom

ledenzer said...

Oh by the way....did you know Hope was in the doghouse when this picture was taken? Funny!

sas said...

Well, Now. Sorry I posted an incorrect age. We don't want that getting to her head, it is true. I fixed it. Thanks for letting me know these things! Accuracy is important...so you guys keep me posted :)

Of course, of course she was in the doghouse. figures

Anonymous said...

Okay, Sarah, you have a gift and we are all the lucky recipients of your talents. I love the the picture "Clear the Window Pane". In fact I more than love it...I am charmed by it. Well done!! I have spent far to much time this morning exploring your blog, and it has been totally enjoyable, heart warming, and soul searching. I will visit again!

LeeAnn, if you ever read this message, here is one for you. You have come so far in fulfilling the measure of your creation. By their fruits ye shall know them. Today I look on your children as a bushel full of your fruits. You have other bushels too, but today I celebrate your best bushel.