It was almost too good to be true, but Rachel and I actually were wandering through the small streets of Dannenfels. It has been over a century, yet, there remains to this day a legacy of the Denzer name. Indeed, there is a Denzer Corner of houses still in use. Fortunately, and unexpectedly, we chanced upon meeting Hans and Helga Denzer. With cautious language, smiling eyes, and amazing hearts, these two helped to bind a long gap between generations of separation.
Said Hans, "Ah! Es ist wunderbar! Bitte, Schreiben Sie uns!" We have not heard from them since our day’s journey, however, there is a great deal of hope for future correspondence. Below, you will see some other pictures of Dannenfels, a village where Christian Denzer, Barbara Engelskircher and some of their children walked and played before their seaward journey "nach Amerika."
1 year ago






1 comment:
Hey Sas....I am going to love this site. Thank you for sharing. Sometimes Provo seems so far away....do I know my children? This will help. Love, Mom
Post a Comment